Pages

21 February 2015

Product Review: Aldi Belmont Jaffa Cakes

Today I will be reviewing these Belmont Jaffa Cakes from Aldi which has made me a regular buyer of these each time I visit Aldi

Appearance, packaging and more
The jaffa cakes come in a blue box clearly displaying each box contains 24 cakes and it also states they are made with real fruit juice which I will go into more detail on soon

Product, Taste Test and Ingredients
You get 24 jaffa cakes in each box split between 2 packs of 12 in clear plastic packaging, the box and other packaging is easy to open.

The sponge biscuit tastes delicately soft and fluffy when bitten into, this is topped with a crisp layer of plain chocolate which has a nice bite to it when eating them.

In between the sponge biscuit and chocolate is the slightly tangy, juicy and great tasting orange flavoured paste which according to the ingredients contains 11% orange juice from concentrate

Each jaffa cake is made of 55% filling, 28% sponge biscuit and 17% chocolate, each cake also contains 52 calories and 1.3g of fat

Here are the ingredients and other useful information

Verdict
These taste so good, I rarely used to buy jaffa cakes but now since buying these for the first time they taste like an award winning jaffa cake would and I now have to buy them almost every time I visit Aldi, Belmont got these jaffa cakes just right and hopefully they never change the ingredients as these are incredible and are also good value for money

Rating:

2 comments:

  1. I also was addicted to the Belmont Jaffa Cakes and bought them every week.Sadly they have now changed them beyond all recognition. The sponge is now dry and stale tasting, the filling no longer tastes of Orange,it's just sweet and flavourless and the chocolate is also tasteless. They have changed the packaging too. I will have to go back to Mcvities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I purchased them today as I'd fancied jaffa cakes for a while. Did NOT expect much from them (dunno why as I have been aldi shopper for years and been happy with their products) but was very surprised. The chocolate so crispy, sponge biscuits very soft and the orange jelly was very nice too. Much better than McV!!!
    The previous comment was probably about the 'basic range aldi product' jaffa cakes!

    ReplyDelete